…I’m loving watching award season! I leave them feeling inspired and with the mindset that anything can happen if you put your mind to it! Since I gave a little background on the Golden Globes in my other post, I’ll do the same kind of deal for the SAG awards:
The Screen Actors Guild Awards have been held since 1995 and are presented by SAG-AFTRA (the actor’s union. The great part about this award show for the actors is that all active members of SAG-AFTRA can vote on the performances, so they are being evaluated by their peers. That’s over 100,000 people who get to vote! The show is more straight to the point and less gimmicky than many other award shows, but are definitely worth a watch.
What I loved about this show:
1) The opening. I’m not sure if this is traditional for the show or was something new this year, but it was a great intro. The camera panned to several actors in their seat as they gave a brief speech about what it meant for them to be an actor.
2) The Lifetime Achievement Award presented to Rita Moreno. She may have been a little before my time, but after watching the clips, I realized I’d seen her in many things. Her talent deserved to be celebrated and her speech was heartwarming! Watch it here.
For a recap of all the nominees and winners, click here.
I don’t know if I’m hormonal or what, but both of these moments had me bawling like a baby. Maybe it’s because I was a drama major, but I really did love it! Okay, enough of this! Now, onto the fashion!
My Top 10 Best Dressed List:
10. Kaley Cuoco in Vera Wang (The Big Bang Theory)
9. Maria Menounos in Rani Zakhem (Access Hollywood)
8. Mindy Kaling in David Meister (The Mindy Project)
7. Hannah Simone in Marchesa (New Girl)
6. Lupita Nyong’o in Gucci (12 Years A Slave)
5. Nancy O’Dell (Entertainment Tonight)
4. Sofia Vergara in Donna Karen Atelier (Modern Family)
3. Rita Wilson (wife of Tom Hanks)
2. Malin Akerman in Naeem Khan
1. Katrina Bowden (30 Rock) in Badgley Mischka
The looks I wasn’t too fond of:
And then some TRENDS. There were the amazing embellishments…
Thanks so much for reading! My contest is still going on and there are only currently 31 entries, so you’ve got a good shot! The details are below!
I am offering $250 Facebook advertising credits that you can use to promote your blog, business, or whatever your little heart desires (as long as you are complying with Facebook’s terms and conditions). You can run page promotions, drive traffic to your blog with web click ads on Facebook, or just run some ads to broaden your audience and reach those followers you’ve always wanted! The lucky winner will receive their Facebook Ad Coupon within 48hrs of the competition ending. This coupon – has no minimum purchase, no strings attached – you just input the voucher code into your Facebook account and voila – it’s their instantly!! All you have to do is fill out the Rafflecopter below for chances to win.